POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 3D in java : 3D in java Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:09:10 EDT (-0400)
  3D in java
From: IIVQ
Date: 22 Nov 2002 14:00:10
Message: <web.3dde7d9ba90910c678085f090@news.povray.org>
Hi
For a university project we need to make a 3d programme in Java.
And unfortunately, we're not allowed to use the Java3D classes, so we will
have to make either a renderer or a raytracer (or both) in java...
Does anyone know where I can find more information on:
-Simple instructions to make your own raytracer/renderer
-A simple parser (ie: what does a parser need to do? things like bounding
boxes etc)
-Java 3d programming examples. (not using Java3D)

I ask this here because I'm for some time a Pov user and I know there are a
lot of people here with programming knowledge.
The problem is that information is harder to find than I thought...

If people here seem interested, I'll post here more often about our
advancing...

---
Tijmen Stam
Flyin' High